Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] OpsCenter experiences and alternatives

2011-09-05 08:53:23
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] OpsCenter experiences and alternatives
From: Michael Graff Andersen <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 14:53:10 +0200
Hello Jed

As you hasn't contacted me on connect, you will get the shortcommings list here

- No publishing of reports to webserver
- No tape explorer like there was in VBR
- No handling of scratch tapes, alert, report, trend lines
- No possibility to report on database instances for exchange, SQL & oracle
- Error in simple reports like library summary
- Trend lines that are is totally wrong
- Usefull SCOM integration, with diagram showing the backup servers & storage units like the adminstration console. The alerts also need to be consolidable on Master, Policy, Schedule, Client, Status code.
- To often the filter causes no data to be returned even when doing the same filtering in the activity monitor gives result
- Wrong results when calculating sizes, throughput

In general opscenter has the feel of being made of people who never have been administrating a real production  netbackup environment and not being troughly tested

Michael