Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SAN Options???

2011-08-30 14:54:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SAN Options???
From: comire <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 08:47:23 -0700
I have a customer that is moving to an EMC CNX 5700 which I guess will act as
and NFS Server (I've never seen this EMC Array). The array will share out a
volume to Oracle servers via an NFS mount. The individual servers will write to
this volume via NFS, which they will want to backup via Netbackup.

Looking for options on how to do this. The customer is thinking he can NFS
mount the volume to the Master Server and back it up that way. Nice and simple
but I am concerned about open files.