Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problem of VMWare ESX Backup via SAN

2011-08-10 12:39:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problem of VMWare ESX Backup via SAN
From: "Adrian Soetanto" <adrian.soetanto AT bentoel.co DOT id>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 23:38:28 +0700
Dear all,

I have another problem related to the previous problem which is a VMWare
ESXi Backup Problem.
The VMWare ESX backup has already been successful through LAN backup,
but it's still failed if I use SAN backup/transfer type.
Here is the description & facts of my problem...

DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM

VMWare ESX backup is failed if it's set to use SAN, but is successful if
it's set to use LAN.

FACTS & FIGURES

- Master Server:
        OS: IBM AIX (oslevel 5300-12-04-1119)
        NetBackup 7.1

- Media Server & Veritas Backup Host:
        OS: Windows 2003 x64
        NetBackup 7.1

- Client/Machine to be backed up:
        VMWare ESXi 4.1

- The storage unit for the backup host has already been set up.
- I've already added the VMWare Virtual Center into the Credentials |
Virtual Machine Servers (from Java Administration Console).
- The windows Veritas Backup Host is a media server as well and I have
linked it to the VMWare storage and tape backup drive through the SAN
switch.
- I've already disabled the automount using diskpart command, so that
the storage will not be initilized and formatted by Windows.
- The VMWare storage can only be seen from Device Manager and not from
Disk Management.

Please help me solve this problem.
Thank you in advanced.

--