Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] OpsCenter experiences and alternatives

2011-08-05 13:06:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] OpsCenter experiences and alternatives
From: mitch808 <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 10:04:34 -0700
Ops center is terrible.  I could not sell that thing if you gave it away.  All
it took was one POC to show how bad it was.

EMC's DPA is not too shabby and it can report on more than just backup software
which is a nice feature.
Aptare also is a great full featured product that reports on lots of apps and
devices too.

If symantec could join their storage reporting app and ops center,  scrap their
existing dev team and make a new modern GUI, they may have a chance.  But as it
stands, they can't make a modern GUI nor an easy one.  That, and no matter what
you do, it's just slow...