Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] netbackup air

2011-08-02 19:17:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] netbackup air
From: Rusty Major <rusty.major AT sungard DOT com>
To: Asiye Yigit <asiye.yigit AT gantek DOT com>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 18:17:34 -0500

AIR (aka Remote Master Replication) is part of SLP and therefore is driven by the LIFECYCLE_PARAMETERS file in /usr/openv/db/config.

There are a few parameters that control when a duplication kicks off:

MIN_GB_SIZE_PER_DUPLICATION ? the default is 8GB

MAX_GB_SIZE_PER_DUPLICATION ? default is 25GB

MAX_MINUTES_TIL_FORCE_SMALL_DUPLICATION_JOB ? the default is 30 minutes (looks like this is your culprit)

Be careful how you change these as it can cause too little or too many duplication jobs and cause problems with resource broker if you are a busy site (by busy I mean probably more than 2-3000 jobs/day including all SLP activity).

The SLP Best Practices guide discusses all of these, and more, in great detail. Anyone using SLPs needs to read this.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH75047

-Rusty