Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] vmware backups in NBU 7.1

2011-07-20 09:44:56
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] vmware backups in NBU 7.1
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "Harry Tirrell" <harry AT harconco DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 09:43:53 -0400

If you mean the VM host (the physical server) then my experience is that you have to use the fqdn or restores will not work. If you mean the VM Guests (virtual machines hosted on the physical server) then I have tested both display name and dns name, and both work. However, we have decided to use display name in production. To use DNS name, open the policy, select snapshot client options, then select VM DNS Name for Client name selection.

-Jonathan