Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] windows new install nb7.1 to d: drive

2011-07-15 10:42:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] windows new install nb7.1 to d: drive
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "Preston, Douglas" <dlpreston AT lereta DOT com>, "Iverson, Jerald" <Jerald.Iverson AT invesco DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 10:42:12 -0400
Yes, select custom install and you can manually change the location from
C:\Program Files\Veritas to D:\Program Files\Veritas. Also be aware that I
recently installed to the C: (accidentally), removed the install via Add/Remove
Programs, Reinstalled to D:, and NetBackup's registry entries were all screwed
up. I'm not sure if it was a one time thing or if there is a problem with the
install package but the uninstall did not clean out all the registry entries
which left me with registry entries pointing to C: and D: which left NetBackup
unstable. I chose to rebuild the machine entirely (it was a new build anyway)
but Datalink support suggested clearing out the registry entries manually.

-Jonathan