Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU Standard vs VMware?? confused :(

2011-07-14 05:14:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU Standard vs VMware?? confused :(
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: "A Darren Dunham" <ddunham AT taos DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:48:41 +0100
Under 7.0, I am prices per ESX Host and the number of CPU's on each
Host.
No limit on the clients.
But if you want to do Online SQL / Exchange / Oracle VM, then
apparantly, you need to be licenses for Database options pack.

It gets really confusing at times! As it stands for myself, I am stuck
with doing VM backups like a Physical box... ie: Putting client software
on each VM and treating it like a normal netbackup client.

Have played with VM, and its good fun .... but I think its better under
7.0, making use of vSphere 4.x

Simon