Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Changing the retention period

2011-06-29 17:07:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Changing the retention period
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: "Howard Graylin" <hgraylin AT CellularSouth DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:06:39 -0400

If you change a retention level to another value the expiration on images assigned that retention level will not automatically change. You have to run bpexpdate with the recalculate option to update the catalog with the new retention based on the original backup date and the new retention value.

-Jonathan