Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] drive cleaning issue

2011-06-21 13:31:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] drive cleaning issue
From: SACHIN ARORA <sachinar1 AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu, veritas-bu-request AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:30:54 -0400
Hi,

I have an issue with cleaning tape. A new cleaning was inserted in library and added it as cleaning tape,
however , library is not detecting it. When I click on drive to clean and a cleaning job initiates in Netbackup
and backup fails wth error 96.

 Media ID : CLN001
Barcode : LM0100L2
Type: HC2_CLN

Error nbjm NBU status: 96, EMM status: Cleaning media is not available
unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none available  (96)

Kindly suggest ASAP as one of the drive is down and backups are failing.

regards
SAM