Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup to VTL fast with first tape then slow thereafter

2011-06-09 14:02:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup to VTL fast with first tape then slow thereafter
From: nmagsaysay <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 09:35:54 -0700
I'm writing my jobs to VTL then using SLP to get them to LTO5.  I've noticed
that when i start a job it jumps right up and the speed is 25MB - 40MB then
after the "tape" fills and a second one is "loaded" the KB/Sec drops to 2MB -
4MB and the speed never raises for subsequent "tapes".

However when I write directly to LTO5 the jobs average 40MB - 60MB.  Using an
EMC Clarion VTL.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a log in NBU that would indicate these write speed fluctuations?  Any
thoughts would be greatly appreciated.