Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Server Not seen in Device Config Wizard - Help please :-(

2011-06-08 15:17:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Server Not seen in Device Config Wizard - Help please :-(
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 20:17:07 +0100

Hi Guys
I have migrated over to new hardware, and went to install a new SAN Media Server, and although the install is fine, no errors and services are started, I have a problem...

When running Device Config Wizard, my Server name is not appearing!

Originally my new SAN Media Server (Home1) was part of a cluster. HOME1 was a virtual name. the Physical was NODE03

When I logon to HOME1, and launch the NetBackup Admin Console, and select the Server name I get this message:

"The server SERVER1 is not a NetBackup Master or Media Server. Please choose a different server"
But it is ... got the license installed as well.

If I goto the master, type in NBEMMCMD -listhosts it is not listed. But if I run the command.... I get this result

nbemmcmd -addhost -machinename HOME1 -machinetype media -masterserver NBUMaster -netbackupversion 6.5.6 -operatingsystem windows

NBEMMCMD, Version:6.5.6
Host already exists in the EMM database.
Command did not complete successfully.

This used to be a VIRTUAL NAME Server Entry for a Box that has died. A decision was taken to give the NEW Server HOME1

I think this is part of the problem, but I am unable to find a resolution to this !! Any ideas???

Regards

Simon

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential
and/or privileged information or information otherwise protected
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any
attachments and do not use it for any purpose or disclose its
content to any person, but delete this message and any attachments
from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this
email transmission was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
-o-
Registered Office: