Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Open file backup error - OT rant

2011-06-08 11:07:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Open file backup error - OT rant
From: "Patrick" <netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 16:06:50 +0100
I agree. There are many opinions. My preference is to have all the threads
in one email because I regularly delete the old emails. Also if someone is
on holiday/vacation for a while and then returns and answers a question
without the rest of the thread I don't have a clue what he is referring to.
I can see where having long threads can cause a problem when the exchange
admin limits your mailbox size. I'm not sure there is a satisfactory answer.

To paraphrase Abe:

You can please some of the emails all of the time and all of the emails some
of the time, but you can please all of the emails all of the time.

Regards,

Patrick Whelan
VERITAS Certified NetBackup Support Engineer for UNIX.
VERITAS Certified NetBackup Support Engineer for Windows.

netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk