Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Where is my IP hiding?

2011-06-02 09:58:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Where is my IP hiding?
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>, "James Pattinson" <james AT pattinson DOT org>, <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 09:58:10 -0400
With 7.1 NBU is now doing its own caching of names/ips.

Relevant commands:
bpclntcmd -hn <hostname> = Shows what IP it thinks the host has
bpclntcmd -ip <IP Address> = Shows what name it thinks is associated
with the host.
bpclntcmd -self = Shows what hostname/IP it thinks the host you are on
has.
bpclntcmd -clear_host_cache = Clears the cache.

There is a technote about this that also tells you how to delete the
cache files completely if the above command doesn't help.   I find
clearing the cache with the command seems to work well.