Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Rsyncing the Netbackup Catalog?

2011-05-20 02:15:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Rsyncing the Netbackup Catalog?
From: mmemon <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 14:23:26 -0700
Hi

I appreciate all these efforts and document issues and their solutions. However
for a person who are trying to understand and then implement DR/Relpication for
first time description of issue and resolution will be very helpfull. In my
environment we are looking for DR process. Here i what we have:

We have seperate master server with its own library at DR site.

Both prod and DR master servers are Linux based.

We will not use DR master as backup server at this stage.

We have fiber link to DR site with lots of bandwidth.

We do not want to physically transfer tapes to DR site and then import catalog
in case of DR.

We will prefer to have DR master updated with catalog and other required
information from Prod master, and be for recovery with minimum steps required.

In above scenerio what are our options:
1. RTP?:
2. RsyncCatalog?
3 ?
Can some one briefly detail challanges in this process and also point to any
documentation to implement any of these. Any step by step guideline as
implemnented by any person/team will be of great help.

Mazhar