Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] how to manage backup job status in multistream policy

2011-05-19 09:35:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] how to manage backup job status in multistream policy
From: "POUSSARD, Gilles (APX)" <gilles.poussard.external AT airbus DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 15:35:15 +0200
Hi,

I’m looking for a way to manage each individual job status launched by a multistream policy.

When I launch my policy , for example 3 jobs start ( each corresponding to one filesystem ) /fs1 /fs2 /fs3

If one of these 3 jobs for example exits with a status different of 0, I need to run a script which reload the faulty filesystem in a file which list the filesystems to backup the next time

For example, the file is need.txt

# cat need.txt
/fs1
/fs2
/fs3

I run the policy ( bpbackup –i  ) which contain all those fs and backup start 3 jobs

/fs1 is successfull
/fs2 is successfull
/fs3 is faulty

The next time , my file need.txt will contain /fs3 only and the backup will restart 1 day later

  1. If I run the bpbackup –i –w command, the return code status doesn’t tell me the status of each individual backup job

  1. I know there is the bpend_notify script which exist and which runs for each job ID, but reading the Administration guide part 2, it seems the exit status is the client exit status , when the server status display a different status code due to failure on the server

Does someone succeed to manage this kind of jobid return code in multistream policy ??

Thanks for your help.

Gilles.

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.