Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] REQUIRED_INTERFACE, anyone using private backup networks?

2011-05-11 21:03:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] REQUIRED_INTERFACE, anyone using private backup networks?
From: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 20:02:20 -0500
I've never liked REQUIRED_INTERFACE as it seems to be problematic. Perhaps it's just me. Most of our NBU servers have at least 3 networks (backup network, mgmt network and metadata/intra-nbu network). We use multiple host file entries with the different interface names and corresponding entries on the client. We also have to put the proper SERVER entries in place. It's probably more complicated but as long as these entries don't get messed with, all works perfectly. My point is perhaps this type of solution could work for you.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

deasnutz <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Sent by: <veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>

05/11/2011 06:53 PM
Please respond to
<VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>

<VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu]  REQUIRED_INTERFACE,        anyone using private backup networks?

Anybody have working experience on the "require_network" or "required_interface" functionality?

Our clients/media servers have a private network to traverse. Master is not connected (different site) however...v7.1.

Thanks!