Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU not seeing tape in tape drive

2011-05-11 11:59:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU not seeing tape in tape drive
From: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 10:57:53 -0500
If you do an import on a piece of media that is already recognized, you will get an error saying it's already there and/or the images that it found are already there. You won't get the error you are reporting, this sounds more hardware/configuraiton related, to me. Try running the device config wizard for the drive and then try again. Make sure all connections are secure, maybe even reseat the scsi card and cables at all attachment points before running the wizard.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

BlueChris69 <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Sent by: <veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>

05/11/2011 04:40 AM
Please respond to
<VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>

<VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu]  NBU not seeing tape in tape drive

Hi,

I have an issue where i'm on a dark site trying to get Netbackup 7 ready for a DR test. I have a server with Windows 2003 R2 and a directly SCSi attached LTO4 tape drive. The drive can be seen in Device Manager and the driver is installed. I installed NBU7, started it and straight away NBU picked up the new drive. So, I have a catalog tape from a few weeks ago to play with which was in the drive. In device monitor it could see the recorded media and in Reports and Images on Media it came back with the catalog name etc.

Now when I added the tape into MM and then tried to import the tape it errored with no media found in device please verify and then went on to the requesting next resource...

Can anybody suggest anything as I've run out of ideas.

Thanks,
Chris