Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Exchange 2010 GRT restores don't work on dedupe appliances?

2011-05-09 04:11:32
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Exchange 2010 GRT restores don't work on dedupe appliances?
From: Marianne Van Den Berg <mvdberg AT stortech.co DOT za>
To: "Lightner, Jeff" <jlightner AT water DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 10:11:16 +0200

I’m late to this party – my veritas-bu emails stopped working for about 2 months…

GRT backups are ONLY supported on Basic and Advanced disk. It actually makes sense if you read in the Admin Guides how it is done:

Media server needs to have NFS enabled so that the disk backup can be network-shared.

Client needs NFS so that disk backup on Media Server can be network-mounted to a drive letter on the Exchange client so that individual items can be accessed.

I cannot see how this can be done using any dedupe appliance.

7.0 : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH127056

7.1:  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3669

NetBackup Support Screencast Demo - list of available videos
 http://symantec.com/docs/HOWTO41825

Regards

M.