Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] why oh why!!!! Did Symantec REALLY say this

2011-05-05 15:35:30
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] why oh why!!!! Did Symantec REALLY say this
From: Jim Coby <James_Coby AT symantec DOT com>
To: Jim Coby <James_Coby AT symantec DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 12:35:20 -0700

Re:  Sure I read somewhere this was bad practice, but for life of me.... cant find it!

Probably saw this in the release notes on mixed-server compatibility environments. 7.1 release notes page 41. Suspect it id doc’d  in other versions of Release notes also. I didn’t check.

In a mixed-server environment, the master server must run the highest version

of NetBackup in use in that configuration.

A master server can inter-operate with a media server that is running a level

of NetBackup that is one major release lower.

A media server cannot have a numerically higher version than the master

server. (Each media server must run equal or lower levels of NetBackup than

the master server with which it is associated.)

Jim Coby

Support & Release Readiness Planner - NetBackup

Supportability & Release Readiness Team - NBU Global Technical Services

Symantec Corporation

www.symantec.com

Office: 651.746.7412

Email: James_Coby AT symantec DOT com