Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BPRESTORE flags.

2011-04-11 12:18:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BPRESTORE flags.
From: mccleld <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 06:57:04 -0700
(apologies for repost - context below)

Hi Jonathan and all,

Picking this one up, did you get anywhere with your CLI restore for Exchange?
I've not been able to figure out what the -X -M and -W flags do either.

I have been able to perform some PIT recoveries of Exchange using the CLI but
only by dismounting the mail stores before performing the restore (and
remounting them afterwards) - I can't seem to replicate the 'dismount database
prior to restore' option that I find in the GUI.

My command looks like this:

bprestore -S NBU65 -c lab-ex2k3-svr -s 12/9/2010 13:50:55 -e 12/9/2010 13:50:55
-t 16 -md -cm -L /C/tmp/restore_1291902655.log /

If anyone knows what bprestore switches might let me dismount the databases
before the restore I'd be very keen to learn.

Many Thanks,

/David Mc
London, UK

Hi again,
Trying to submit an Exchange restore from the command line this morning,
with the following attributes:

- alternate Exchange restore server
- One specific mailstore, and associated logs (last full, up to today)
- point-in-time recovery
- alternate Temporary location for log and patch files
- Commit
- Mount

I created the folder /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bprestore so I could get
an idea what jnbSA spits out when I select my options and launch the
restore. Looks something similar to:

bprestore -S <master> -D <alternate_client> -C <host_client> -X -s
1270847294 -e 1271107810 -t 16 -M -k -td L:\temp -cm -md -L
<default_log_name_and_path> -W -f <file_containing_file_directives>

Which is great, except I can't track down what a few of the flags mean
(looks like they're undocumented features , so I'm hesitant to use
them:

-X
-M
-W

Anyone have any insight about those bprestore flags?

Cheers,
Jon