Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] catalog performance

2011-04-11 05:08:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] catalog performance
From: "Asiye Yigit" <asiye.yigit AT gantek DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:06:36 +0300

Hello all;

We have three parts in netbackup catalog: image, configuration, relational database.

Do you suggest to separate some of them into different file systems?

/usr/openv is on different  SAN file system from root file system.

In addition to this, before nb installation, is it advisable to separate for instance images onto different file system?

We have some SSD besides SAN.

We are thinking to separate some parts of catalog to SSD?

What would the best practice be?

Bes regards;