Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Help with status 24's on windows clients

2011-03-28 07:05:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Help with status 24's on windows clients
From: "Alley, Chris" <CAlley AT kforce DOT com>
To: "Kevin Holtz" <klh1456 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 07:02:34 -0400
We made a couple of changes to our environment.

We upgraded our Master and Media servers to 7.0.1
Added in several new servers, all dual Quad core procs with 48gb of RAM, all
Linux RH ES 5.x
All of the new Media servers are connected to our 10gb network with Cisco Nexus
backend
Master still on the 1gb network
2 older media servers (1 HP-UX) still on the 1gb network

The conditions that seem to trigger the 24s are when clients are being backed
up to a 10gb media server, however when backing up to our older servers the
errors does not occur. We also see it a lot more frequently on our Exchange
backups than normal system backups, however our large file servers will
occasionally have these errors when on the 10gb media servers.

Chris Alley, MCSE
Sr. Data Protection Administrator
Kforce Technology Services
813-552-1388
www.kforce.com

Great People = Great Results®

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original.