Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange Incremental Backup & Restore

2011-03-22 23:26:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange Incremental Backup & Restore
From: "Adrian Soetanto" <adrian.soetanto AT bentoel.co DOT id>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:24:52 +0700
Dear all,

I want to switch our Exchange Information Store backup/restore procedure
from Full Backup/Restore to a combination of Full and Incremental
(differential + cumulative) Backup/Restore.
Is incremental backup/restore of Exchange Information Store able to
record the deletion of user's mailbox?
To describe my question, suppose we have this situation:

Backup of day 1: Full Backup
Backup of day 2: Differential Incremental Backup

(on day 3, before the backup runs, there are some deletions of user's
email which have been backed up at day 1 & 2)
Backup of day 3: Differential Incremental Backup

Backup of day 4: Cumulative Incremental Backup

On day 5, we want to restore to the latest condition of our Exchange,
and the qeustion is;
Will the deletion of user's email be recorded (e.g. the restore will
EXCLUDE the deleted email) or be restored (e.g. the restore will INCLUDE
the deleted email)?

Thank you in advance.

--
Best Regards,