Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery Test

2011-03-22 08:40:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery Test
From: jrguzmanr <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 05:40:02 -0700
We just migrated from solaris to win 2k8 64 bit and from 6.5.4 t 7.01 and now I
need to perform a DR test from a netbackup perspective.   Here is my scenario:
1 master and 4 media servers.   The master is a vm and is san replicated,  I
have two media servers at my production site and two at my DR site.   The plan
is to shutdown the master, suspend san replication, bring it up at my DR site
and re-ip it.  Once the master is up, make a few of the replicated backups at
my DR site primary (we replicate backups with OST appliances) and perform a
couple of backups and restores.   Once this is goes well , we shutdown the
master, un-suspend san replication and bring the master back up at my
production site.

What do you think?

thanks