Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Not Using Backup NIC

2011-03-21 15:40:02
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Not Using Backup NIC
From: "David McMullin" <David.McMullin AT CBC-Companies DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 15:39:43 -0400
Here is how we resolved this - it is a "feature" of linux...

# cat /etc/host.conf
#
# /etc/host.conf - resolver configuration file
#
# Please read the manual page host.conf(5) for more information.
#
#
# The following option is only used by binaries linked against
# libc4 or libc5. This line should be in sync with the "hosts"
# option in /etc/nsswitch.conf.
#
order bind, hosts
#
# The following options are used by the resolver library:
#
multi on
mdns off

The resolution to your issue is the "multi on" and "mdns off".

Message: 3