Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] media expiration as of Start Time.

2011-03-18 12:14:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] media expiration as of Start Time.
From: Harpreet SINGH <harpreet_singh AT ctl.creative DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 00:14:04 +0800
Dear All,

Please advise.. Our some of the big size backup's taking 18 hours to
complete and these backups spans to 4-5 Tapes.

The issue is all the Backup (4-5) Tapes have different expiration time.
Assume my backup start at 01:00 am and it takes 18 hours to complete. I
have the backup retention policy to 3 weeks.
Once the tapes are back after 3 weeks I can see the data expiration is as
of 18:00 hours... etc... where my backup will start at 01:00 am  and it
will fail with error 96.

Please advise how I can expire the backup images before the next  Backup
Start Time..

With Warm Regards
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Harpreet Singh Chana

Phone  :     (O) 6895 - 4326
Fax       :     (O) 6895 - 4991
** Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.

Notice
privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended
recipient,  any disclosure,  copying or distribution of the message,  or
any action taken by you in reliance on it,  is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you have received this message in error,  please delete it
and contact the sender immediately.  Thank you.