Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.1GA

2011-03-18 08:45:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.1GA
From: John Meyers <john.meyers AT wright DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 08:44:19 -0400
Yeah, I was in the same boat, had just upgraded to 7.0.1 and then
realized 7.1 was available.   Delving into the 7.0.1 docs related
to VMware backups using the vStorage API, if you're planning on
using a VM guest as a backup host using the "hotadd" feature for
access to the vmdk's, I'm pretty certain 7.0.1 isn't compatible
with the vSphere 4.1 vStorage API, but 7.1 is.  I ended up deciding
to go 7.1 as our VMware support group had just upgraded to vSphere
4.1.

The 7.1 upgrade was very smooth and I haven't run into any new
problems so far.

-John