Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.1GA

2011-03-15 17:47:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.1GA
From: "Bill Coleman" <bill_coleman AT symantec DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:47:31 -0700
Netbackup 7.1 has gone generally available after over 315 customers
installed the software for a total of 4000 days of usage.  40% of those
customers installed it into a production environment.

How customers can access the software:
Symantec will be sending an official Software Version Upgrade
notification during the week of March 21st, which will include your
license keys and media access information. However, should you require
immediate access to your licenses and media, we invite you to visit the
Licensing Portal.

Please follow these instructions for registering your product on the
Symantec Licensing Portal:
1.      Go to https://licensing.symantec.com
2.      Returning customers Login. New users must Create an Account
first.
3.      After logging in, select the 'I don't have an Upgrade
Notification ID' button.
4.      Choose your customer number from the drop down menu and click on
the select button
5.      Click on the appropriate notification ID
6.      Click on the 'upgrade' button
7.      If you have not upgraded previous versions of Symantec
NetBackup, you will  be required to do so sequentially in order to
obtain your Symantec NetBackup 7.1 information
8.      Select the licenses you would like to upgrade and click the
'Upgrade' button.
9.      Verify contact information for the licenses you are upgrading
and click the 'Complete Registration' button.
10.     The license key(s) will be provided on the next screen.
11.     You may then click the 'Get Software' button to obtain your
product.
Please Note:  In some instances you may be required to repeat the
upgrade process in order to retrieve the current version of the NBU
product.

Should you require any further assistance, please contact our Customer
Care team.

http://go.symantec.com/customercare