Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange 2010 backups

2011-03-09 03:21:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange 2010 backups
From: "Sumeeth Singh (S)" <SinghS23 AT telkom.co DOT za>
To: "Veritas" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 10:20:55 +0200

Hi,

We are currently experiencing issues when attempting to backup Exchange 2010 information stores on a Windows 2008 R2 client.

The backups fail with an error 130 – system error occurred.

Master – Windows 2008R2 / Netbackup 7.0.1

Client – Windows 2008R2 / Netbackup 7.0

The policy has been configured to use the VSS snapshot provider.

A support call has been logged with Symantec regarding this case. The actual issue we are seeing – if a backup job runs and fails (irrespective of the error) then it leaves the VSS writers in an “unstable” state, thus any further attempts to backup the information stores fails.

Has anyone experienced this before? What else can I check?

Regards,

Sumeeth