Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media server dedup, block size settings on volumes/pd.conf

2011-03-06 23:27:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media server dedup, block size settings on volumes/pd.conf
From: deasnutz <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 23:27:52 -0500
Hi!
Looking for recommendations on what block size I should use on my disk volumes
behind a NBU media server dedup pool...in addition to the block/frag size I
should set in the pd.conf file.

Anyone had direct experience with this and if so any recommendations? Hoping to
achieve the best compression all around.

Haven't seen suggestions in the NBU DEDUP guide so please don't respond with
that.

Thanks guys!