Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] three copes with ost

2011-03-05 19:46:15
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] three copes with ost
From: David Stanaway <david AT stanaway DOT net>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 18:45:52 -0600
With 6.5.4, there was a EEB we needed to apply for duplicate to tape to
not use the wrong media server as the reader for the second scenario.
We would have a 50/50 chance of the remote media server being used to be
the reader for the image duplicating to tape.
EG: copy 2 in the NJ SLP being duplicated to copy 3.
some times we would have NJ media server copying the NY copy to to the
NY tape library for copy 3. Obviously NOT desirable across the WAN.

I think they rolled the fix into 6.5.5 and its definitely included with
7.0.1, I'm not sure which version you are using, but if it isn't 7.0.1
you may need an EEB fix.