Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] three copes with ost

2011-03-04 18:09:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] three copes with ost
From: jrguzmanr <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 14:30:44 -0500
I will start using OST for my primary site (NY) and secondary (NJ) with cross
replication.   I also want a third copy going to tape, but I want the tape to
be created at NY (for all backups, NY and NJ).  here is my question...

With Storage Lifecycle, for my NJ backups, if I create a copy to tape, then it
will read from my primary (NJ), so it will kill my NY-NJ link.  Is there a way
that I can tell it to use the second copy that is now in NY?  Or can I make the
NY primary?

if I can't make this happen with Stoage lifecyucle, should I use vault?