Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Firewall and port usage for Netbackup

2011-02-22 03:30:20
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Firewall and port usage for Netbackup
From: christophe.wegrzyniak AT clearstream DOT com
To: "Ketley, Michael" <Michael.KETLEY AT everythingeverywhere DOT com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:29:54 +0100

Hello,

We have lot of clients on DMZ   ( and also Media servers ) and no conenctivity with following setting :

Firewall rule :

open port 13724 in and oubound    client to Master/media servers :

Test connectivity as following    ( with ssh )

on client :

ssh -v -b client_IP_@ -p 13724  Master_IP_@
ssh -v -b client_IP_@ -p 13724  Media_IP_@

and from master and Medias  to client :

ssh -v -b source_IP_@  -p 13724  client_IP_@

On master server

On Master server properties :   ( GUI )

 client attributes :

BPCD    : connect back to VNETD port   ( 13724 )
ports : reserved prots
Daemon connection port : use default

firewall :

Add Media servers on DMZ :

BPCD connect back  : VNETD ports
ports : reserved ports
Daemon connection port : VNETD only

Christophe Wegrzyniak

Unix & ICSD Infrastructure
Clearstream Services
Phone  +352 2 43-3 64 32
Fax       +352 2 43-63 64 32

"Ketley, Michael" <Michael.KETLEY AT everythingeverywhere DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

21/02/2011 15:35

<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] Firewall and port usage for Netbackup

I have a slight problem with Firewalls and Netbackup going between 6.5 master/media servers and 5.1 clients

I've had the following ports enabled as per VERITAS NetBackup Port Usage guide

Master to client 13782 and 13724
Clients to Master server 13724
Media server to client 13782 and 13724
Clients to Media server 13724

However, i'm still getting error code 58's when attempting backup.

I was fairly confident i had the right ports, 13724 (vnetd) and 13782 (as we're using 5.1 on clients) on outgoing from Master and Media

Can anyone advise whether i've missed anything? ot troubleshooting i can apply?

Regards

Mike

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended for the above-named person(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately, delete this email from your system and do not disclose or use for any purpose.

We may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current legislation. We have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, but it remains your responsibility to ensure that viruses do not adversely affect you.

Everything Everywhere Limited
Registered in England and Wales
Company Registered Number: 02382161
Registered Office Address: Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9BW

Clearstream Services S.A.
42 Avenue JF Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg
Société anonyme is organised with limited liability
in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg R.C.S. Luxembourg B 60911.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

Legally required information for business correspondence/
Gesetzliche Pflichtangaben fuer Geschaeftskorrespondenz:
http://deutsche-boerse.com/letterhead

END OF DISCLAIMER