Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Firewall and port usage for Netbackup

2011-02-21 12:42:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Firewall and port usage for Netbackup
From: "Ketley, Michael" <Michael.KETLEY AT everythingeverywhere DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 14:35:40 -0000
I have a slight problem with Firewalls and Netbackup going between 6.5 master/media servers and 5.1 clients

I've had the following ports enabled as per VERITAS NetBackup Port Usage guide

Master to client 13782 and 13724
Clients to Master server 13724
Media server to client 13782 and 13724
Clients to Media server 13724

However, i'm still getting error code 58's when attempting backup.

I was fairly confident i had the right ports, 13724 (vnetd) and 13782 (as we're using 5.1 on clients) on outgoing from Master and Media

Can anyone advise whether i've missed anything? ot troubleshooting i can apply?

Regards

Mike

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended for the above-named person(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately, delete this email from your system and do not disclose or use for any purpose.

We may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current legislation. We have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, but it remains your responsibility to ensure that viruses do not adversely affect you.

Everything Everywhere Limited
Registered in England and Wales
Company Registered Number: 02382161
Registered Office Address: Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9BW