Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] PureDisk vs. DataDomain

2011-02-16 15:46:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] PureDisk vs. DataDomain
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 15:46:45 -0500

And some just go to third party support companies and don’t spend capital on backup solutions until they absolutely have to do so.   For many organizations backups are deemed “unimportant” by the powers that be until the day they need to restore something.

Having worked for various organizations I can say that some are very proactive in this area and others won’t contemplate buying new backup technology until the old stuff dies completely or at least appears ready for imminent collapse.   I doubt you know who “most” firms do it personally.