Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to use the DataDomain system cleaning process

2011-02-08 00:45:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to use the DataDomain system cleaning process
From: David Stanaway <david AT stanaway DOT net>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 23:42:56 -0600
The cleaning process is pretty simple. I haven't even really found a
need to look at it since initial install.

the NBU image cleanup is what frees up the backup image files via OST.
The daily cleanup on the DD then cleans up the compressed fragments that
are no longer referenced.

If your EMC Rep can't get you the admin guide I would be very surprised.
There is not much to the cleanup in the admin guide. You basically just
need to figure out when you aren't planning to be doing a high volume of
backups or duplications. For me it was easy dealing only with 2 adjacent
timezones.