Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question re iSCSI tape library & serverless iSCSI staging

2011-01-26 23:01:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question re iSCSI tape library & serverless iSCSI staging
From: taurusgeo <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 23:01:05 -0500
Hello folks, I wonder if anybody has experience with iSCSI tape library in a
similar setup as per below:
The backup setup configured is D-2D-2T and the first "2D" - backup Disk Storage
Unit located on iSCSI SAN connected to backup server via iSCSI. By adding iSCSI
enabled tape library, is it possible to configure NetBackup to do a
"serverless"  disk staging to tape via iSCSI? i.e. scheduled disk staging
process from ISCSI SAN (disk STU) will move data directly to ISCSI Tape library
WITHOUT sending data flow input/output through iSCSI network card on backup
server, only metadata goes to backup server? If this configuration is possible,
what type of license/feature may be required? Thanks all
George