Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.6 restore for a SAN Client

2011-01-25 03:55:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.6 restore for a SAN Client
From: ch1waner <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 03:55:48 -0500
It is now close to 2 yeras since i opened my first SAN client restore case
(Case ID 240-918-800)
and my current case id (410-654-721) is still open with shifted solution dates.

I would recommend to test your restores also with > 500GB areas because the bad
thing is that it seems to work - but with larger amount of data it is failing.

Well it looks like a company like Symantec seems to have no problem with
customers waiting 2-years to come up with a solution. I guess as long as a
customer is paying the maintenace fees for them everything looks green and
there is no rush to fix problems.

The only thing you hear from them - " It's very complicated and not easy to
solve"
A company not beeing able to fix it's own product within 2-years shows problems
much deeper than just the actual software problem - the software is to complex
for them to handle and by this they put large enterprise customers into very
high risks.

My ETA of the fix has just been delayed again with a not yet known new
date....which does not surprise me anymore

 Ernst