Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Manual backup of media server

2011-01-21 05:03:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Manual backup of media server
From: bfcsaus <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 05:03:12 -0500
Hi,

I am trying to manually backup a filesystem from a Solaris media server (on a
Windows master) on Netbackup 7.

The command is as follows:

bpbackup -i -p backup_policy -s Weekly_Full -h server_name -L
/backup_FULL_tmplog -S master_server

On the master server the policy type is standard and I have 'user backup' in
schedule type of backup.

The backup seems to start looking at the log:

root@server: # tail -f /backup_FULL_tmplog
Backup started 01/21/2011 09:53:14

But just hangs there and there is nothing on the server activity log or any
processes started on the media server itself.

The logs (bptm, bpcd, bpbrm and bprd) dont even recognise the backup has
started so im at my wits end - Ive checked the syntax of the bpbackup command
numerous times but cant see any problem..

Anything would be appreciated!!!