Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 7 & Hyper-V

2011-01-19 19:25:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 7 & Hyper-V
From: Chi_C <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 18:38:31 -0500
Symantec reccommends installing Netbackup 7 Media server on your Hype-V host
for better backup performance..

I have a 4 node CSV Hyper-V environment and want advice on the best
configuration for Netbackup

1x Master Server
4 x Media server licenses (1 for each node)
or
2x Media server licenses and a SAN media server to backup the other 2 nodes?

Thanks