Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restoring a Oracle backup from production to DR netbackup

2011-01-09 10:29:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restoring a Oracle backup from production to DR netbackup
From: ibby <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 10:29:02 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I need to restore a full oracle backup taken from the production site to
DR,here is how we have setup the  backup environment at production and DR.

production site: netbackup 6.0 installed on windows 2003 server attached to a
T24 tale library , production, DB, oracle 10g running on RHEL 4 , daily RMAN
backups are taken.

DR site: Netbackup 7.0 installed on windows 2003 server ,attached to a T24 tape
library.DR DB  ,oracle 10g running on RHEL 4.

I was hoping to to restore my DB backups from my production Netback onto this
DR Netbackup instance but I am not understanding how this is performed.

Has anyone experience this before and would be willing to give me some pointers.
I do not have any experience (yet) with restoring catalogs or hot backups.

I read in various forum and it seems this is a tricky one ,

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

ibby