Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape compatibility

2011-01-05 10:23:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape compatibility
From: "Infantino, Joseph" <jinfanti AT harris DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 15:22:52 +0000
We are currently converting from NetWorker to NetBackup and I am wondering if anyone can tell me if I can re-use a tape that was originally written to in NetWorker in NetBackup?  I know NetBackup can't read the tape, but will it be able to re-label the tape and re-use it?  I suspect it can, but I just want to be sure.

Just trying to save a buck by not have to purchase all new tapes.

Thank you,

Joseph A. Infantino II
BackUp/Recovery Administrator
HARRIS IT Services
Assured Infrastructure Management
Office: 321-724-3011 | Fax: 321-724-3392