Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Moving from solaris master server to windows

2010-12-30 23:58:05
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Moving from solaris master server to windows
From: Saran Brar <saranbrar AT live DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 10:28:00 +0530
You can perform below steps to achieve this:

1. First take a catalog backup on solaris master server and save the DR file in safe place
2. Build a windows master server with same hostname and ipaddress as for solaris one and DO NOT PUT ON NETWORK
3. Detach the any devices directly attached to solaris master server and attach with windows master server
4. Turn off the solaris master server and PUT WINDOWS MASTER SERVER ON NETWORK
5. Install Netbackup on the new windows master server and scan for devices attached
6. Import catalog backup, here you will be asked for the DR file.
7. Test the network connectivity between master, media servers and clients
8. Try some test backups and restores.

Regards,

Saranjit Singh Brar