Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Wrong Media Server Name appears in bpcd on Client System

2010-12-30 13:38:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Wrong Media Server Name appears in bpcd on Client System
From: fercs <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 08:21:29 -0500
Hi all,

I am pretty new to NetBackup and we are right now building a new Testing
Environment.

It uses NetBackup Version 6.5.6

It includes 3 Servers:

Master Server:  svrtfa025 Alias: svrtbm11
Media Server:   svrtfa024 Alias: svrtbk11
Media Server:   svrtfa023 Alias: svrtbk12

I did add the Aliases of those 3 Servers  to the Client System in the bp.conf
File.

Then i started a Backup from that client and got a Status Code 59 in return.

After that i did check the bpcd Log File and found the following entry:
11:19:36.677 [27753] <2> bpcd peer_hostname: Connection from host svrtfa024t
port 45084

My Problem now is, that i would like the Media Server to connect with the Alias
Name, not the Server Name.

How can i do that? :)

If you need more Information to understand, please ask!

Thanks for your help! :)

Regards,
Roman