Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] netbackup for Oracle configuration

2010-12-17 04:36:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] netbackup for Oracle configuration
From: Michael Graff Andersen <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:36:34 +0100
Hi Ibby

1 As the oracle user: Link the libobk in oracle home to the one in netbackup/bin
2 As the oracle user: Create the rman script(s)
3 As the oracle user: Run the rman script(s) and verify that there start jobs in netbackup
4 As root: Create a shell script that calls the rman with su - oracle
5 As root: Run the shell script and verify that there start jobs in netbackup
6 Create a Netbackup oracle policy that calls the shell script
7 Run a manual backup to test

Think that is about how we did when we started using the oracle client

the dbclient directory under netbackup/logs is your friend for troubleshooting

Regards
Michael