Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Data Removal

2010-12-15 09:59:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Data Removal
From: "McDonald, James F. II" <JAMES.F.MCDONALD.II AT saic DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:59:28 -0500

Is there a process to remove all data from the tapes in the tape drive?  I need institute an off-site storage process and I have no idea which tapes have a complete backup image on them, so I would like to remove all the data and start writing “fresh” tapes.  We have a disk-to-tape setup, so all the images are primarily stored on the server and then are supposed to be written to tape for off-site storage.

I guess another option would be to view the images that have been written to each tape.  Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

James McDonald

System Administrator

SAIC - IISBU