Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bpimage -oldserver -newserver command

2010-12-09 04:05:20
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bpimage -oldserver -newserver command
From: Saran Brar <saranbrar AT live DOT com>
To: <bwindle AT wlgore DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 14:35:14 +0530
Hi Bobby,

Did the transfer completed successfully or is still running. Need to know this for information purposes only.

Regards,

Saranjit Singh Brar

To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
From: bwindle AT wlgore DOT com
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 13:42:03 -0500

I upgraded from Netbackup 6.5.4 to Netbackup 7.0.1 recently. During the upgrade process we decommissioned
two media servers. The two media servers are using Datadomains for storage unit targets. Monthly backups go to tape.
Each of the two Datadomains have about 200TB of data. In the catalog we have references to the old media servers.
I'm running the command below to move the references from old server to the new server.

./bpimage -oldserver nbumedia02 -newserver nbumedia01

It has been running for 8 days plus. I can tell the process is reading through the image list but
this seems to be taking to long. Has anyone else experienced this and did it take such a long period of time? I'm beginning
to think there is another problem. Why so long. I can see 24 hours or more but 200 hours and counting?

Master server is a Sun T5240 128GB of memory, separate drive array configured for optimal read & writes,
CPU is 98 % idle most of the time. Server is dedicated to Netbackup.

Thanks bobby

    Bobby Windle | W.L. Gore & associates, Inc.
    Backup / Disaster Recovery Admin
    work: 302 292 4026
    cell : 302 588 7374
    bwindle AT wlgore DOT com | http://www.gore.com