Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 2008 client backup issues

2010-12-06 09:20:58
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 2008 client backup issues
From: "Preston, Douglas" <dlpreston AT lereta DOT com>
To: "'VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU'" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 06:20:53 -0800
Master server and all media servers are windows 2003 running NBU 7.01 and the
clients are windows 2008 SP2 domain controllers NBU 7.01
The error that I get is that it sits at 0 bytes, 0 files for days doing system
state backups or will error with code 24 about 4 or 5 hours of acting like its
writing to the media server but 0 files and 0 bytes get written.  I use VSS for
all my 2003 and 2008 servers.
Drives get backed up as expected this is just the "shadow copy components"
backups that fail to write anything
All VSS writers show they are fine.

File list
ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES