Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] RHEL 6 and NetBackup 6.5 and 7.0

2010-12-03 17:11:21
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] RHEL 6 and NetBackup 6.5 and 7.0
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Wayne Smith <wts AT maine DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 16:11:14 -0600
The earliest release I would expect to see client support in would be 7.1 (aka Denali) which just exited beta (according to a public seminar I was at today).  RHEL 6 is so new, however, that it might not have made it in there yet.  7.1 won't ship until Q1/2011.

I would GUESS that if you stuck to ext3 or at least avoided things like extended attributes that you wouldn't have any issues you couldn't work around although you wouldn't be officially supported.  RHEL 6 was just released - I'm a small bit surprised that sysadmins are hot to use it in PRODUCTION.  dev  maybe, but PRODUCTION?

   .../Ed